WE'VE MOVED! VISIT OUR NEW BLOG AT



The Potty Boot Camp is a remarkably successful new toilet training method developed by Dr. Suzanne Riffel. It combines a number of well-known techniques into one unique and EFFECTIVE program. Learn a LOT more by visiting our website at www.ThePottyBootCamp.com.

Join Us on Facebook

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

7 Months Old? Potty Train Her! - CBS News

A technique that has been around for many years is recently gaining popularity among parents - it's called Elimination Communication, or "infant potty training." It helps parents teach babies as young as 7 months old how to use a potty instead of a diaper.

A key part of the method is to teach the baby a verbal cue, such as "sssssss-sssss." When whispered into the ear, the infant is conditioned to release their bladder. The infants themselves are not necessarily "trained." Instead, parents get their children used to responding to the need to go.

Below is a link to a story on CBS about Elimination Communication, as well as additional information. In addition, resources for parents on the topic include The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative and Infant Potty Training: A Gentle and Primeval Method Adapted to Modern Living, both available from Amazon.com

Here's the link to the CBS story: 7 Months Old? Potty Train Her! - CBS News


Post by Suzanne Riffel, author of "The Potty Boot Camp: Basic Training for Toddlers" - a new, fast, easy toilet training method that produces remarkable results.

2 comments:

Becca said...

There is a mixed feeling on if this is healthy for the child. I have read that it can cause bladder complications later in life. I am not sure that I would do it. I am trying to work on my 20 month old though! It is slow going!

Becca

Please visit me at http://www.askbecca.com

Anonymous said...

American are the laziest people on earth.I travel a lot and i haven't seen children as old as 4,5 still in diapers.In USA parents will do everything the easy way(for themselves not for the kids) including: potty training after the age of 2,keeping children after they start walking in strollers,etc.I was potty train by 9 mo and I'm 31 now with no bladder problems and actually no problems of any kind(a perfect pill free,sick free,all organic person).Now i have a almost 7 mo old who i will start putting him on the potty soon.If it worked for me and my husband I'm pretty sure it will work for my son.So,stop whining,shopping and other non important things and start spending more time with your kids.I'm telling the truth and not being rude.

ShareThis