WE'VE MOVED! VISIT OUR NEW BLOG AT



The Potty Boot Camp is a remarkably successful new toilet training method developed by Dr. Suzanne Riffel. It combines a number of well-known techniques into one unique and EFFECTIVE program. Learn a LOT more by visiting our website at www.ThePottyBootCamp.com.

Join Us on Facebook

Monday, December 29, 2008

Once Upon a Potty for Boys: Consumer Reviews

In 1975, Alona Frankel wrote and illustrated her first book, especially for her son Michael, on how to use the potty. For thirty two years, Once Upon a Potty has been the classic "go-to" book written for children on the topic of potty training. The title has sold more than four million copies worldwide. These books for children help parents everywhere deal successfully with an often challenging parenting task. When I was about to begin training my daughter, this book is the one my pediatrician recommended.

Thanks to their timeless words and beloved images, Once Upon a Potty — Boy and Once Upon a Potty — Girl are being discovered and used by a new generation of parents. These two books, with their phenomenal staying power, target and meet the needs of an obviously perpetual market.

User Ratings and Reviews

5 Stars Great Book
My Son loves this book. We had gotten the Book for girls at a yard sale and he constantly looked at that book. We love the one for boys just as much. He seems to relate to this book. He shows me the page and tells me all about it while he sits on the potty.

3 Stars Fun Book, But Not What I’d Consider A Teaching Tool
I really enjoy reading “Once Upon A Potty” to my kids. It’s rather direct and features gender-specific illustrations of the “parts” for boys and girls. This particular book features the male anatomy of little Joshua. Joshua’s story gives children the confidence to sit and wait for something to happen, even if it doesn’t feel like something will occur.

I personally don’t consider this book a good teaching tool for potty training. While it’s a fun story and does get rather specific about body parts, it doesn’t teach little boys how to stand when urinating. As others have stated, the illustrated potty is a “wee” bit outdated as well.

Still, kids will have fun with this book and I do mildly recommend it. Some parents might think that terms like wee-wee, poo-poo and pee-pee are too childish for their children, but I think they’re just fine for the little ones.

5 Stars
Once Upon a Potty — Boy

This book is a classic! It is well written and geared toward little boys and their specific body parts related to potty training. I think it helps to teach our son about his body and elimination in an easy and simple way.

4 Stars Pretty Good Book
I don’t know if any one book actually helped get my son to potty train. I think it helped put the idea into his head though. Potty training is more difficult than I ever imagined, but I think we’re getting there. I recommend this book though. Kind of odd drawings with pictures of the boy’s rear end, but I guess kid’s need to see it. Maybe.







Once Upon a Potty Boy · Recent Articles Made Simple

Post by Suzanne Riffel, author of "The Potty Boot Camp: Basic Training for Toddlers" - a new, fast, easy toilet training method that produces remarkable results.

No comments:

ShareThis